Re: In the mail!
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 01:23:32 -0500
On Friday 18 February 2005 10:44, James Hatridge wrote:
> RESEND -- Bounced yesterday...
> #################
> Hi Bob,
>
> I'll bet that you thought that I forgot you <G>. I've been busier
> than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest! Anyway, I've got the
> mobo up and running plus the driver you sent me is now working. That
> video card is really sharp.
>
> Anyway, today I put a small package in the mail to you. It has a
> check for 22.75$ for the postage plus 14 CDs and one DVD. I think
> that you will be very happy with what I sent you. I used alot of
> German stamps, if you know someone that collects you should pass them
> on. It would be a shame if they end up in the trash.

No, I didn't think that you forgot me. I saw a couple of posts that you
had made about installing problems. Hope that the ram I sent you did
not contribute to the problem. I assume you figured out the USB thing.

Yes, a few years ago that Voodoo3 card was pretty high end and performed
very well. Still a pretty good card. Too bad it is not supported
anymore. The driver search for that card was a real pain. I was a
little surprised when I found it. I'm sure that card may last you
awhile if you continue to use that mobo and stay 32 bit for awhile.

Don't worry about the stamps. Although I am not a stamp collector, I am
sure somebody will appreciate getting them. They won't go in the
garbage.

I am sure you have been very fair and generous in the material you have
sent me in repayment for the mobo and cards.

Hope you enjoy your new system and that it provides what you wanted.
I assume you are up and running with it now. Lots of luck and hope to
see you on the SuSE list. (Not for problems)

Sincerely,
Bob Stia

  • No further messages