Re: [SLE] peer to peer - how to ?
  • From: Frederic Conrotte <frederic.conrotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:20:29 +0100
perlcgi2000 wrote:

Does anyone know of a FAQ or a how to ? to get
peer-to-peer working on Suse 9.1 ?

I'm pretty easy on which one I use although I heard
mldonkey is supposed to be good.

The best soft currently for peer to peer on Linux is apollon.

I got it from an FTP server and installed it with :
apt install apollon

it install also gIFT which is a P2P server.

after install run :
gift-setup

follow the instructions

Open Apollon go to configurations-> extensions and import all the extensions needed (.so)

Restart Apollon and you are done, you can dl from network such as Gnutella (emule) and Fastrack (Kazaa)