Re: [SLE] Linux still surfs slower than Windows
  • From: Chris Carlen <crobc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:04:24 -0800
Stephen Furlong wrote:
One thing you haven't mentioned (as far as I can see) is the actual hardware
specifications of the machines?

It doesn't matter. If anything, the Windows VMs should run slower than the native Linux OSes on the same machine. But they don't when talking about web surfing.

Also, the real Win2k machine is the same machine as one of the two Linux boxes. That machine is dual boot.

Oh, but anyway the machines are rather powerfull as web surfing machines go. The dual-boot is a 1.4GHz Athlon XP1600 with 512MB RAM, and a 2.4GHz Athlon64 3400+ with 1GB RAM (running Suse 9.1 32 bit version).

Both have 100Mb LAN cards. I can get 11MB/s FTP speeds between the machines, so the LAN hardware is working super.

Good day!

--
Christopher R. Carlen