Re: [SLE] Linux still surfs slower than Windows
  • From: Scott Leighton <helphand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:27:52 -0800
On Saturday 19 February 2005 12:12 pm, Chris Carlen wrote:

> Additional point:
>
> When I first set up to connect to SBC/Yahoo DSL, everything seemed fine
> and the web surfed at warp speed. Then suddenly one day things wound up
> like this.

I use SBC/Yahoo and their DNS servers are notorious for being slow,
at least here in California. Sometimes they are lightening fast, other
times I see host not founds on well known hosts, a refresh typically
clears it.

Scott

--
POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

< Previous Next >