Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.2 Can't wake up from blanked-out screen with Xmms
  • From: Bryan Tyson <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:07:36 -0500
On Saturday 19 February 2005 17:07, Vince Littler wrote:

> I am wondering whether because xmms is running, it is putting itself
> too much to the foreground and catching input meant for the
> screensaver.

Vince,

I never thought about the possibility that the screensaver could be the
culprit. The problem was occurring when using the photo slideshow
screensaver in KDE. I changed the screensaver to pyro, started xmms
playing, waited for the screen to blank out, and guess what? Tapping a
key woke it right up!

This largely solves my problem. When I have more time I probably will
experiment with your other suggestions to see if I can find a workable
way to use the slideshow screensaver and xmms.

Thank you!

Bryan