logout freeze
  • From: Jake Sallee <spark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:44:16 -0600
Hello list.

I have a problem with KDE freezing whenever I log out. I kind of need help
diagnosing and fixing the problem. It doesn't matter what user logs out.
Once the screen goes black the login window never appears, the system just
hangs.

I also noticed that if I drop down to init 3 and then try to go back to init 5
the kdm login screen never shows up. So I'm not sure at this point if it's
KDE or if it's Xorg causing the problem.

I'm running the latest KDE 3.3 on SuSE 9.2 PRO using Xorg 6.8.2.

One more thing: I thought it might have been a KDE problem so I tried
rebuilding kdebase from source using rpmbuild --rebuild kdebase*.src.rpm but
rpmbuild doesn't appear to finish correctly. :(

Thank you for any help!

--

Jake Sallee  spark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered Linux User #358012