Re: [SLE] Yast online update
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:16:45 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2005-02-20 at 20:03 -0000, Jonathan Brooks wrote:

> Count yourself lucky! At least you don't get YOU showing you the list of
> servers, downloading the list of patches, letting you select the patches you'd
> like to download, then downloading the patches one by one, ONLY TO BE TOLD
> THAT YOU CAN'T INSTALL THEM BECAUSE THE SIGNATURE IN THE F*C$1n& RPM PATCH
> FILE IS INVALID

But they are not deleted, are they? So next try you save download time, I
hope.

> What the smeg is going on with SuSE/YOU/patches etc.....????

That problem was discussed long time ago, here. I think it is
documented somewhere, U.S.FAQ - or SDB. But I see you got it
solved, anyway.

Somehow, the installation of the keys got messed up, and reinstall of the
involved rpm fails.

> I am one frazzled neuron away from jumping up and down on this stupid PC until
> it's a smoldering heap of scrap.

I think a punching ball is a much cheaper exercise target :-p

But if you want serious smashing, there is a business here that lets you
smash a car with a hammer for a cute fee - Mmmm... maybe there is a niche
there for PC smashing...

> Help - I need valium.

A herbal tissana, alias coffee break, works miracles sometimes :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >