Re: [SLE] POP3s running, but will not allow connections
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:48:11 -0500
* Keith <ac7xc1nx@xxxxxxxxxxx> [02-20-05 21:05]:
> I'm running SuSE 9.1 Pro with all updates installed.
>
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to 127.0.0.1.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.

I assume this is a telnet session, to what port (hint: s/b 25)?

> postfix/sendmail/pop3 all work 100%

then you are happy, but *are* you using postfix or sendmail?

> Is there a configuration file I need to modify or something?

why?

> FYI, I also have used a mail client with ssl support and the connection
> is refused.

a mail client ?? that is also a mail transfer agent ?? Connection to
and how?

Please excuse the questions but my crystal ball is being repaired.
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery