Re: [SLE] Linux still surfs slower than Windows
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:19:56 -0500

_____________________
> Christopher R. Carlen
--------------

Chris,
I'm thinking you have something not just quite right on your Linux side
or Windows is in some way causing you to see the differences you see.
Although, I'm using SuSE 9.2, I'm not seeing the time differences with
any of my browsers on the cnn site. When I say differences, I mean the
readings you are getting on your Windows side, are comparable to my
Linux readings. But, I only have Linux installed, not a dual boot.

I can't say with any assurance that Windows is affecting things, but I
know there have been several mails on this list complaining about
things like this and they trace it down to something Windows has done
after running it or before running their Linux session. You might try
booting directly to Linux after turning the computer on. Just
rebooting is not going to clear things out that Windows might have
done.

Just a thought,
Lee

Registered Linux User #225206
Sign at college bookstore:
Accepted at more colleges than you were--VISA