Re: [suse-multimedia-e] Connexant Modem Driver for SuSe Linux
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:31:48 -0800
sunder sahayanathan wrote:

Dear Curtis!!

sorry for the mess i've caused!! I am a newbie and i
was not aware of such a mess up!! In future i'll be
sure not to cc!! thanx for the warning curtis!! also
thanx for ur advice i'll post my message in general or
dev/coders (ofcourse no CC)

cheers
Sunder

Don't sweat it. This list is very user friendly and there is a lot of expertise on this list that will most likely be able to help you.

One other thing I should mention. It is considered a tad improper to reply directly to someones post when the email's sent to the list. In otherwords, unless the sender (in this case myself) has asked to be contacted "off - list" (directly to there email addreass rather than the list address), or you can ask if they mind it's better to send replies to the list rather then the user. The list is setup to provide you with access to "all" the subscribers while attemping to keep some bit of a cushion. Once again usually because the list is best viewed in thread mode in order to track content and discussion and sending replies directly to the user breaks this and makes it harder to keep the continuity of the threads. Also, there are times when questions go unanswered. If this occurs repost the question - and perhaps change the title of the message to gain attention without being consider pushy or improper (I learned some of this the hardway :) ).

If this post does indeed go unanswered then repost (lol - without the cc's - but then you knew that ). 8)

Cheers, Curtis.