Re: [SLE] Installing SuSE 9.2 onto Adaptec HostRaid
  • From: Angus Beath <abeath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:31:59 +1100
Hey gang,

OK, having spent a couple of hours on this, I've found a workaround. The
Adaptec 39320A has HostRAID capabilities. I turned this off and then
installed SuSE onto a software RAID/LVM with the two SCSI disks I have.
It's unfortunate that I cannot get hardware raid to work, and I don't
have the time to pursue this further. I should note, that I attempted
installs of Libranet (based on Debian) and also Fedora Core 3 and had
the same result. Linux is able to see the raid adapter, but not the
hostraid part of it and therefore, no hardware raid. Hopefully this will
be fixed up soon. I've submitted appropriate bug reports.

Regards,

Angus