Re: [SLE] Kernel Panic when installing 64bit on dual opteron
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:57:20 +0100
Hugo <hg.list@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:37:37 +0100, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Use the patchcd from ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/PatchCD and use that
>> CD for boot/installation,
>
> I'm having large problems with downloading that... the downloads just
> quit (and are very slow...). Mirror anywhere?

Everywhere. That directory should be really mirrored on any
ftp.suse.com mirror.

> I also just tested the 64bit Live eval of the 9.2 and I got the same
> kernel panic during the start of the installation. So the 64bit kernel

The 64-bit LiveEval has the same kernel as the others.

> in the installation is faulty?

It has one issue with USB together with some BIOS versions - try
disabling USB support for installation, this might help also,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@xxxxxxx, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany