Re: [SLE] Segmentation Faults in Mozilla 1.7.5
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:00:05 -0600
Randall R Schulz wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone else who is using Mozilla 1.7.5 been experiencing
segmentation faults? The overt symptom is simply that Mozilla
disappears. Depending on how you launch it (I use a desktop icon that I
created manually to target a "manual" tarball-based installation of
Mozilla), there will be a line in you ~/.xsession-errors file like this
one:

/usr/local/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 15270 Segmentation fault "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

Actually, it's been doing this at least since 1.4.1, which is the version I am currently running in 9.0. It's also locking up on a seemingly random basis, requiring a "killall -KILL ..." to get rid of it.

I haven't encountered a seg fault entry in the X error file in quite some time, but mozilla is still crashing, regularly, frequently (which I define as once a day or more), and unpredictably. I also never did notice any relation between how mozilla was launched, and the presence/absence of such a line, though that doesn't mean there isn't one.

FYI, $prog is always $MOZILLA_HOME/mozilla-bin.

I doubt this is a KDE problem, or indeed a problem anywhere but in mozilla.

Did you compile with Talkback enabled? I'm running the SuSE-supplied version; they always seem to compile with Talkback disabled, so me reporting anything to mozilla.org isn't going to help.