Re: [SLE] SuSE Watcher
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:16:17 -0500

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> For some reason, my SuSE Watcher remains red even after a successful YOU.
> I'm just looking for some clues so that it will operate properly.
> SuSE 9.2 Professional. It works fine on my laptop and on my other
> workstation.

Hi Jerry,

I had this happen once when I 'confused' it. I'd modified my YaST
installation sources and, days later, clicked on the red Watcher icon
and selected to run YOU. YOU failed. I repaired my installatin sources
and ran YOU directly from YaST -- bypassing the Watcher. When YOU was
done, the Watcher stayed red. Here's how I fixed it:

1) clicked on the red SuSE Watcher tray icon
2) selected to run YOU
3) let YOU proceed even though there were no updates
4) shortly after YOU closed, I was back to green.

HTH & regards,

Carl

- -