Re: [SLE] tomcat on port 80 (suse 9.1)
  • From: Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:21:16 -0400
As far as i know you should use a connector for apache, so it receives
the connections and passes it to tomcat. I had to setup tomcat once
and to be honest, didn't bothered with that stuff, just disabled
apache and had this rules loaded at startup

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d localhost -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-ports 8080
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d your hostname -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-ports 8080
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d your hostname -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

Ciro