Re: [SLE] VSFTPD
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:28:25 -0500
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:03:08PM -0500, Efren Ramirez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the VSFTPD service. Not able to get connected.
>
> I did the change for the vsftpd.conf file:
> local_enable=YES
> wriet_enable=YES
>
> But still not able to get connected. Looks like is locating the server but
> the authentication is failing, becuase if I do ftp localhost, get connected
> but if I entered the user/password the authentication fails.
>
> Any idea?

Well, what kind of configuration did you do? Open YAST2 and make sure it's
running and then look at the configuration to be sure you have it set for
log in mode instead of annonymous.

I usually use PureFTPd because it's simple to set up as a log in only
server.

something did just occur to me.... You mean on Linux right? the machine you
sent that mail from is Running NT or 2000.