Re: [SLE] USB drive access light?
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:33:07 -0600
On Friday 25 February 2005 07:01, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> BTW: I am currently updating my wife's iPOD from my cruzer drive on Windows
> 2000. The light stays on when the drive is idle and flashes off when
> transferring data. So the light property is a Cruzer thing, not a Linux
> thing.
>
> --
> Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
> Boston Linux and Unix user group
> http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9
> PGP Key fingerprint:053C 73EC 3AC1 5C44 3E14 9245 FB00 3ED5 C506 1EA9

I don know for others, but if I was to design a device, and it have to have
only one light. Iĺl go that way - the light will be on when the device is
connected, and will flash during data transfer. I do not see anything strange
with the design. If you do not turn on the light how the user will know that
the device is successfully connected?

2c only

Sunny

--