Re: [SLE] USB drive access light?
  • From: Chris Carlen <crobc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:23:53 -0800
Jerry Feldman wrote:
BTW: I am currently updating my wife's iPOD from my cruzer drive on Windows 2000. The light stays on when the drive is idle and flashes off when transferring data. So the light property is a Cruzer thing, not a Linux thing.

That's interesting.

Sandisk makes an MP3 player which I have, which takes this USB flash drive for storage.

On the MP3 player, as would be logical, the drive light is OFF when not being accessed. To do otherwise would waste power.

Bizarre that it works backwards on PCs.

--
Christopher R. Carlen

< Previous Next >