Re: [SLE] USB drive access light?
  • From: Chris Carlen <crobc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:25:08 -0800
Sunny wrote:
On Friday 25 February 2005 07:01, Jerry Feldman wrote:

BTW: I am currently updating my wife's iPOD from my cruzer drive on Windows
2000. The light stays on when the drive is idle and flashes off when
transferring data. So the light property is a Cruzer thing, not a Linux
thing.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

I don know for others, but if I was to design a device, and it have to have only one light. Iĺl go that way - the light will be on when the device is connected, and will flash during data transfer. I do not see anything strange with the design. If you do not turn on the light how the user will know that the device is successfully connected?

A fair approach would be to flash when plugged in, but then stay off unless data transfer is underway.

A cooler approach is to use two LEDs, or a bi-color LED. Green for idling, and red for data transfer.

--
Christopher R. Carlen

< Previous Next >