Re: [SLE] USB drive access light?
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:51:09 -0500
On Friday 25 February 2005 08:33, Sunny wrote:
<snip>
> I don know for others, but if I was to design a device, and it have to
> have only one light. Iĺl go that way - the light will be on when the
> device is connected, and will flash during data transfer. I do not see
> anything strange with the design. If you do not turn on the light how
> the user will know that the device is successfully connected?
<snip>

Hi All,

I was going to stay out of this one because my *first* thought was there's
nothing weird about a "ready" indicator. When it's "on", it's connected
and ready, when it's busy it's flashing. If you plug it in and nothing
happens you know there's a problem.

Then I thought I'd get laughed off the list for being "old-fashioned." I'm
glad I'm not the only one thinking about electromechanically disinclined
users. ;-)

my 2 cents, too.

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216