reverse vnc
  • From: Mike <runnin247@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:10:50 -0600
I have one more question... since you guys were so responsive with my
pdf problem :)

Does anyone know of a solution (linux based preferred, others
considered) to push my desktop to a waiting remote PC?

Kind of like a "reverse vnc", where the other side doesn't have to
request my display, but rather I just give it to him?

The particular application I'm thinking of is a small projector setup,
where the box connected to the projector is connected to the network,
and I can come in, and with this "reverse vnc" process, just push my
laptop display to the projector PC to get my screen on the projection
screen, rather than having to connect to my laptop from the
projector's pc, then go back to my laptop and start my presentation...

Or you want to show a non-techie friend something that you're doing,
and instead of having him punch in through your firewall to vnc and
watch, you can just punch out to him, and export your screen? The
other party doesn't have to have control of my box, just see the
screen...

anything out there like this ya'll can point me to?

Thanks.