Re: [SLE] 2 people using pc at sametime
  • From: Synthetic Cartoonz <synthetoonz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:21:59 -0500
On Friday 25 February 2005 20:02, Graham Smith wrote:
> This howto maybe of interest to you. I don't know if there are any updates
> to this article available, but it is a starting point.
>
> HOWTO: Multiple local XFree users under Linux
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/print/3100/
> --

HP has a four-headed system called 441 they're selling in South Africa.

http://www.hp441.com/news/index.jsp

It is based on Mandrake, but since it is Linux then whatever they're doing is
probably adaptable to SuSE.

And I found a mention on google of a similar 4 headed linux project in Brazil.
The translated page didn't work on google, but here's another site that talks
about it:

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/03/1923255&tid=106

I suspect both the HP 441 and the FourHead are the same thing and they
probably use the XFree Local Multi-User strategy:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree-Local-multi-user-HOWTO/