RE: [SLE] Problems with susefirewall2
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 03:27:24 +0100 (CET)

The Saturday 2005-02-26 at 00:07 -0000, Stephen Furlong wrote:

> Needs another bump up as ive had no reply yet :(

I'm no firewall expert, but I'll try.

> Im running suse9.2 on my server box connected via wireless to my desktop
> machine. Im trying to poke through certain ports from my suse box onto my
> desktop machine. When I use the firewall wizard in yast and use the "expert
> options" to open the ports (4000:4200) shields up! Lists them as "closed".

Opening a port in the firewall is not enough; there must be a service or
daemon behind responding on that port. Till that moment, they should show
up as "closed".

Also, if your intention is that another (2nd) machine answers on those
ports, simply opening them up in the firewall is not enough.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson