Re: [SLE] Dosbox and or dosemu, where to start
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:31:10 -0600
On Friday 25 February 2005 08:49 am, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
I have a full working DOS partition besides Suse 9.0 and 9.1.
Since 7.1 I always wanted to run some DOS programs under Linux but I never
was able to understand the man and README pages and everything else I found
as instruction.
Could somebody give me in plain English how to begin. My DOS partition can
be mounted under /drdos.

I also have an old dos partition which does not boot. I use dosbox on
SuSE 9.2. SuSE set the partition up as /windows/C. I just run dosbox and
once running issue the command "mount C /window/C" then issue "C:" and
I can run some really classic games like KEEN1, KEEN2, CRYSTAL, WOLF3D,
and DUKE (Duke Nukem). Graphics and sound are just as I remember them
many years ago. I don't recall doing anything special to get it running.

Terry

--
SuSE Linux 9.2 (i586) ---- 2.6.8-24.11-default --- Fri 02/25/05 20:20
8:20pm up 28 days 23:25, 4 users, load average: 1.57, 1.41, 1.30

< Previous Next >