Re: [SLE] Dosbox and or dosemu, where to start
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:19:17 +0700
On Friday 25 February 2005 22:58, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 08:49 am, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> > I have a full working DOS partition besides Suse 9.0 and 9.1.
>
> I use dosemu and have for the past 5 years. It works (at least for me)
> very well. Some of the steps below are my conventions, which I think make
> things easier. You can do different if you wish.
>
> 1) Install dosemu
> 2) As a normal user, start dosemu. I use 'xdosemu' from a KDE console
> window. Starting it creates a '.dosemu' directory in your home dir.
Done. Using xdosemu in KDE
> 3) Exit dosemu using 'exitemu'
> 4) Make a 'dos' directory such as '/home/dos' This will be a small set if
> files to make running and navigating in dosemu a bit easier.
Done
> 5) Edit the /opt/dosemu/share/dosemu/freedos/autoexec.bat to include the
> following (at the bottom):
>
> lredir l: linux\fs/home/dos
> lredir e: linux\fs/drdos
> path c:\bin;c:\gnu;c:\dosemu;l:
> L:

Done. linux in above insert, is that perhaps the name of the machine? Mine is
called big-one.
> The above defines dos disks e: and l: and leaves you in the L: directory,
> where your navigation files are.

Leaves me in c: with no e and L directory.
> Note that your dos programs and files DO NOT need to be on a dos partition
> and can ge in any normal linux filesystem, and located anywhere in your
> linux environment. I do not have any dos partition. An example of an
> autoexec.bat entry on my system for a normal linux directory.
>
> lredir f: linux\fs/home/DOS-F
>
> What's in the /home/dos directory?
> I have made an exx.bat file which will issue 'exitemu'. (because I can
> never remember how to exit)
>
> I run a FoxPro application and I start it using:
>
> @ECHO OFF
> SET PATH=%PATH%;E:\fp2
> cd E:\fp2\<appname>
> E:
> FOXS
> L:
>

> From there, you're on your own...

Did as instructed ;-). But I do not end up in the l drive and apart from the
c: and d: there are no other directories.
What did I do wrong?
Here is my changed autoexec.bat

@echo off
set HELPPATH=c:\help
set TEMP=c:\tmp
prompt $P$G
unix -s DOSDRIVE_D
if "%DOSDRIVE_D%" == "" goto nodrived
:nodrived
unix -s DOSEMU_VERSION
echo "Welcome to dosemu %DOSEMU_VERSION%!"
unix -e
lredir l: linux\fs/home/nidekvan/dos
lredir e: linux\fs/drdos
path c:\bin;c:\gnu;c:\dosemu;l: