Re: [SLE] login script execution order
From: "Gabor Istvan" <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear list members:

I would like to know what scripts in what order are run when someone
logs in Suse locally through KDM/KDE and remotely (eg via ssh).
Especially interest are the ~/.bashrc, ~/.profile, /etc/bash.bashrc and /
etc/profile scripts.
I could not find information either in the suse documentation project or
in the adminguide. If you know please explain it or point me at a site
that has some information.
Thank you,
IG

david@skyline:~> cat .bashrc
# Sample .bashrc for SuSE Linux
# Copyright (c) SuSE GmbH Nuernberg

# There are 3 different types of shells in bash: the login shell, normal shell
# and interactive shell. Login shells read ~/.profile and interactive shells
# read ~/.bashrc; in our setup, /etc/profile sources ~/.bashrc - thus all
# settings made here will also take effect in a login shell.
#
# NOTE: It is recommended to make language settings in ~/.profile rather than
# here, since multilingual X sessions would not work properly if LANG is over-
# ridden in every subshell.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC