Re: [SLE] Sometimes Linux makes me crazy.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:02:18 -0800
Stephen,

On Saturday 26 February 2005 15:12, Stephen Furlong wrote:

> But the other side to the coin is that when were not contracted, and
> are just on call out, or have a machine in our workshop that isn't
> one of ours, windows machines make us MORE money than linux machines.

So we can draw an analogy between this and, say, a business that
installs plate glass windows. From their perspective, vandalism against
storefronts is a good thing--it increases their revenues and profits.

That's just one example among millions of what's wrong with how we
measure economic activity in our benighted capitalistic society.
Another, e.g., is tobacco. People buy tobacco products, creating
economic activity--assumed to be a good thing--and then later in their
lives require extensive medical interventions, largely ineffective, to
counter the hideous consequences of smoking and chewing tobacco. It's
win-win!!

Randall Schulz