Re: [SLE] Sometimes Linux makes me crazy.
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:10:36 -0500
On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 12:44, Danny Sauer wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 12:40 pm, Ken Schneider wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 13:21, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> >
> > Short answer $ (cost). Not just for the OS but also for the apps.
>
> If people were concerned about cost, MS wouldn't be able to charge several
> hundred dollars for a crummy OS that's no more user-friendly than a typical
> out-of-the-box KDE-on-Linux install. Somehow, though, people still buy it.
> Somehow, lots of computers are sold every day to people who don't even know
> what an operating system is.

Cost isn't a factor? Which planet do you live on? Tell me one business
where cost isn't a factor in their purchase decisions. People buy it
(MS) because they are forced to when they purchase their PC. They charge
several hundred dollars because they currently can get away with it.
Call up Dell and ask for their latest PC with linux preinstalled and see
what response you get, that doesn't sound like a choice to me.

This whole thread is getting way OT, time to end it.

--
Ken Schneider

* Only reply to the list please*