ltagere SUSE9.1 AMD issue
  • From: Chadley Wilson <Chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:09:01 +0200
Greetings,

I have a Lucent Agere modem in an AMD Sempron 2400+ system.
I have installed the driver rpm from the SUSE9.1 discs, it on disc 5
slmodem.XXX.rpm

When I querie the modem on /dev/ttyLT0 it responds, I then create a symbolic
link to dev modem.

I requerie it on dev modem and it responds.

When I try dial it initializes the modem and the whole system hangs up while
the modem tries to dial. Yet it doesn't even open the line.
If I pickup the receiver while it claims its dialing I get a dial tone.
Speaking of which I have also tried to disable detect dial tone.

The funny thing is if I put the modem into a Intel machine also SUSE9.1 it
works flawlessly.

How would you suggest I start to trouble shoot this one?

TIA

Chadley

< Previous Next >