Re: [SLE] Suse 9.1 - NTFS not supported
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:48:27 -0400
The standard install of 9.1 gave me a window called
"My Computer"--instantly renamed to "This Computer"--
on which my Windows drive (a separate h/d) appears, and
I can get a menu of everything on the drive in GUI format,
just like Windows. I sure wish I could get that same output
in Linux! But you can't put the Linux drive in "My Computer"
and you can only get your user directory from the GUI. Phooey!

--doug

On Monday 31 May 2004 08:22, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:08:04 +0200
>
> Johan Sch <johansche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Suse 9.1 installed (new)
> > kernel 2.6.4-54.5-default now installed after YOU on saturday.
> >
> > Now I found that I could not reach my win-xp on NTFS..found not in
> > fstab..added with ro as usually. mount -a
> > Surprise..mount: fs type NTFS not supported by kernel.
> >
> > When installing the 2nd drive with xp was there..but seem not to be
> > detected. suse 9.0 had no problem.
>
> I'm not sure why you did not get this feature in the kernel, but you can
> install a patch. Here is the page from the SuSE support database.
>
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/1997/04/maddin_vfat32.html
>
> And here is some more relevant information.
> http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html

< Previous Next >