Re: [SLE] Dumb DSL question
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:32:31 +0100
On Monday 31 May 2004 22:27 pm, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> Can SuSE (9.0) connect properly to DSL? Particularly SBC/Yahoo?
>
> I assume the answer is yes, but SBC says they don't support
> Linux and they haven't answered my emailed questions about it.

Yes, the actual DSL connection doesn't care what OS you are using. A
combined modem/router is easiest as then you will have an ethernet
connection from the modem to the Linux machine(s) rather than a USB
connection which can be a pig to configure.

When they say they have no Linux support they mean they won't help with
configuring your mail client etc.

HTH
Dylan

--