Re: [SLE] No gateway for local addresses
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:25:32 +0100
On Monday 31 May 2004 13:42 pm, Sergio Dominguez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I guess this is a very basic question, but I do not get anything
> googling. I have several linux machines here in my office, and I'd
> like that all sorts of connection amongst these machines do not pass
> through the general gateway, but go directly from one to the other.
>
> How can I do that?

Assuming all the machines are on the same subnet, this will happen
automatically. The gateway will only be used for connections which
cannot be directly sent. Check out the Networking-Overview-HOWTO for
more info on this sort of stuff.

The howto should be
in /usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html If it's
not then install the necessary howto packages with yast.

HTH

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"