Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:19:09 +0100
Bruce Marshall wrote:

On Monday 31 May 2004 04:03 pm, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

Well, I started this thread and wish to round it off from my side.
My aim was not "black or white" SuSE, but a feedback and constructive
criticism to get a better and working 9.1, as I would expect from SuSE!
And I feel sure that this gradually will be the case; SuSe simply have
to the sooner the better. The main reason I guess, has been that the
hungry Linux people have called for the new 2.6 kernel, and that SuSE
eagered to show that they were the first to be able to deliver.

I think you wrong in blaming the kernel.
I've been running 2.6.4, 2.6.5, and now 2.6.6 kernels on 9.0 for quite some time now and have seen absolutely no problems. But then, SuSE seems to have a history of mucking up the vanilla kernels by patching and messing with things.

Same here, I'm running 2.6.7-rc2 on 9.1 and have been running 2.6.0-pre onwards on 9.0, 32-bit box and laptop and a 64-bit Athlon laptop.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >