Re: [SLE] Looking for an explanation
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:10:09 +0100
On Friday 28 May 2004 08:11 am, eddie wrote:
> This morning I couldn't log in (KDE), but could log in at console.
> After a good deal of searching and experimentation I discovered that
> my /tmp had run out of space, and that my /tmp/kde-eddie was 689MB!
> Can anyone say why kde-eddie should have grown to that size? How can
> I prevent a reoccurrence? By removing kde-eddie I can log in now and
> everything seem fine (so far). Any thoughts, anyone?

Have you had a crash while working on a large file? Also, there are
session logs in there which can get big sometimes, especially if you
don't clean out /tmp very often. You can set lifetimes on the contents
in yast>system>sysconfig - I have mine emptied at boot and have never
yet had a problem, although it depends how you use it of course so YMMV

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"
                                  -Dark Helmet