Re: [SLE] Dumb DSL question
  • From: peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:43:12 +0100
On Monday 31 May 2004 22:27, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> Can SuSE (9.0) connect properly to DSL? Particularly
> SBC/Yahoo?
>
> I assume the answer is yes, but SBC says they don't support
> Linux and they haven't answered my emailed questions about it.
> --
> Jim Sabatke
> Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke
>
> Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy
> and good with ketchup.
if you plan to use an router with an ethernet connection to the
computer then yes it will work no problem the problems arise when
you start using ADSL modems that use USB connections they are
real pains ..
or if you are using DSL then there should be no great problem at
all if your DSL modems are any thing like the ones i have seen so
far then you have and ethernet port on the back as well as an USB
port so stick an ethernet card in the PC and you are up and
running (almost ) but as good as any way ..

--
G6NJR Pete otherwise known as "Quinton 11"

A Linux Only area Happy bug hunting M$ clan