Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:13:28 -0400
On Monday 31 May 2004 04:03 pm, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> Well, I started this thread and wish to round it off from my side.
> My aim was not "black or white" SuSE, but a feedback and constructive
> criticism to get a better and working 9.1, as I would expect from SuSE!
> And I feel sure that this gradually will be the case; SuSe simply have
> to the sooner the better. The main reason I guess, has been that the
> hungry Linux people have called for the new 2.6 kernel, and that SuSE
> eagered to show that they were the first to be able to deliver.

I think you wrong in blaming the kernel.

I've been running 2.6.4, 2.6.5, and now 2.6.6 kernels on 9.0 for quite some
time now and have seen absolutely no problems. But then, SuSE seems to have
a history of mucking up the vanilla kernels by patching and messing with
things.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/31/04 16:11 +
"In the first place, God made idiots; this was for practice; then He made
school boards. -- Mark Twain"