Re: [SLE] xcdroast, suse 9.1 and nonroot user
  • From: Nick <nick-ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:39:36 +0300
C Hamel ?????:
On Monday 31 May 2004 07:34, Nick wrote:

So, I'm an old suse lover, but I can see the same problem in last
versions of SuSE Linux. It's a xcdroast in nonroot mode.
It can't find my cdrw device. But in root mode, the xcdroast quick found
my cdrw and work fine. Who know, how it fix? May be, the bug is in
cdrecord (it not scanbus by nonroot user too)?

thank you all,
Nick.

Rem: No Microsoft products were used in the production of this message.

There is a msg that appears upon installation. One has to run it from root before it'll work from <user>. Why, is a mystery, but once you specify it can be used as <user> it works.

yes, by starting as root we can change xcdroast mode to nonroot. We can give a permission for starting the xcdroast by nonroot user. yes, I've set nonroot mode. But I can't write CD becourse the xcdroast can't find cdwriter. It Can't to scan devices.

Nick