Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Örn Hansen <orn.hansen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:30:24 +0200
måndag 31 maj 2004 06:02 skrev Fred Miller:

> That's you choice. I've had more problems with their controller chips than
> you can shake a stick at! MANY of the systems I setup are in HEAVY use -
> production systems, thus there are very few MBOs I'll use. I do all I can
> to avoid VIA and under NO circumstances will I use SiS. I don't have time
> to screw around with marginal hardware.

FYI, I've been building my own systems since 1995, and have always used VIA,
SiS and AMD. Never had a problem. I heard that a store here, once
proclaimed that a Jet motherboard was junk, because it never worked for some
reason ... I used that precise same motherboard for several years, flawlessly
and it's still working flawlessly in one of my spare computers.

An old friend of mine, on the other hand, followed "good" advice and buys
only intel motherboards. All these years, he's been having one problem after
another. His computer, has never worked properly.

The point here is, gentlemen ... that besides bad luck, that can happen to
everyone (getting a defective motherboard). It's primarily a question about
the skills of the user, weather the system works or not.

< Previous Next >