Re: [SLE] Does 9.1 Support the Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Scanner
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:24:37 -0400
On Monday 31 May 2004 09:11 am, Steve Reynolds wrote:
> On Monday 31 May 2004 19:26, Joaquin Villanueva wrote:
> > Look here: http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html
> >
> > In the Epson Kowa website they have drivers for Linux for almost
> > all the epson products.
>
> I had already downloaded the driver from that site, but YaST2 tells
> me that the driver requires something called sane-backend and I don't
> know what that is.
>
> Steve

Steve,

That would be "sane" from your install CDs. You also should install
x-sane and Kooka, alternate scanning frontends with more features then
the IScan from Epson. IScan serves most of my scanning needs, but the
others offer some features it doesn't.

Lee
Registered Linux User #225206
On any other day, that might seem strange...

< Previous Next >