Re: [SLE] Sorry SuSE: 9.1 is Waste of time and money!
  • From: Kastus <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 21:32:12 -0700
On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:02:53AM -0400, Fred Miller wrote:
> That's you choice. I've had more problems with their controller chips than you
> can shake a stick at! MANY of the systems I setup are in HEAVY use -
> production systems, thus there are very few MBOs I'll use. I do all I can to
> avoid VIA and under NO circumstances will I use SiS. I don't have time to
> screw around with marginal hardware.

Well, VIA could be my choice, but I guess, it's SuSE choice too.
If you search SuSE hardware database for VIA and motherboards, it returns
6 chipsets with full support. Of course, it's your choice not to believe
what SuSE says.

Also, I would appreciate if you enlighten us what hardware is not marginal
if it's going to be used with SuSE.

Thank you, -Kastus