Re: [SLE] ssh question
  • From: "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 16:04:40 -0700
On Sunday 30 May 2004 02:01 pm, Robert Paulsen wrote:
> On Sunday 30 May 2004 03:15 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 15:07, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> > > fish:// is new to me too. When I entered
> > > "fish://user@hostname" in Konq, I got a prompt for a
> > > password. Then I got an error that "Cervisia does not
> > > support remote repositories." I guess this isn't completely
> > > implemented yet.
> > >
> > > Mozilla has no idea what "fish" is.
> >
> > Got it working now. Just had to change the hosts.allow file on the
> > desktop (added 'sshd: ALL').
> >
> > Now it works like a champ. Pretty darn cool, too for moving files
> > between PCs.
>
> Well I'll be! That is cool! I was able to look at the filesystem on my
> laptop from my workstation and vice versa. SuSE 9.1 on the workstation,
> RedHat 9 on the laptop.
>
> Never heard of this before.
>
> How does one learn about this? I did "man cervisia" and "rpm -qa | grep
> cervisia" and didn't get any hits. With YaST I was able to find reference
> to cervisia in kdesdk3 which I don't even have installed. The SuSE HElp
> Center mentions it in passing but doesn't explain it at all.
>
> --
> Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
> robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had some screwy problems with getting fish:/ working as well. I tracked it
down to having to have the remote host be a "known host" to the local box's
ssh. Did that by using ssh from a console first.

As far as I know, fish has nothing to do with cervisa, it is just a (awesome)
front-end for ssh.

Regards,

Mark

< Previous Next >