Re: [SLE] ssh question
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 16:01:13 -0500
On Sunday 30 May 2004 03:15 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 15:07, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> > fish:// is new to me too. When I entered
> > "fish://user@hostname" in Konq, I got a prompt for a
> > password. Then I got an error that "Cervisia does not
> > support remote repositories." I guess this isn't completely
> > implemented yet.
> >
> > Mozilla has no idea what "fish" is.
>
> Got it working now. Just had to change the hosts.allow file on the
> desktop (added 'sshd: ALL').
>
> Now it works like a champ. Pretty darn cool, too for moving files
> between PCs.

Well I'll be! That is cool! I was able to look at the filesystem on my laptop
from my workstation and vice versa. SuSE 9.1 on the workstation, RedHat 9 on
the laptop.

Never heard of this before.

How does one learn about this? I did "man cervisia" and "rpm -qa | grep
cervisia" and didn't get any hits. With YaST I was able to find reference to
cervisia in kdesdk3 which I don't even have installed. The SuSE HElp Center
mentions it in passing but doesn't explain it at all.

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx