Re: [SLE] suse-9.1 gnome-2.6
  • From: Brooks <brooksfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 21:48:30 -0500
Brooks wrote:

How do I get kdm to recognize that gnome is installed and offer me an option to load it up? Or should I just try switching to gdm?

Never mind the switching to gdm. It's a bust. I don't have it installed properly because the basic display manager fired up instead and I got some "failed indicators" when I tried booting up with gdm as default manager. Unfortunately the screen showing the failures flashed by too quickly for me to see which processes failed (outside of gdm itself).