Re: [SLE] export DISPLAY and xhost +
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:18:46 +0200
On Saturday 29 May 2004 18.29, Mark Gray wrote:
> That explains that -- I did not look closely enough at SuSEconfig.xdm
> to see the bug, and just assumed that it was intentional. In any case
> doing things the SuSE way by editing /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager (or
> using yast) is almost always better than directly editing the config
> files themselves. (A painful lesson I have learned time and again :-)

The automated tools differ from distro to distro. The underlying config files
are almost always identical. That's all the reason I need to stay on the
lower level. I'd rather not submit myself to voluntary vendor lockin by only
learning a single vendor's way of doing things.

If you know how it's really done, doing it the suse way is a piece of cake.
The reverse is very far from true

< Previous Next >