Re: [SLE] kmail crashes in 9.1
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 11:30:00 -0800
On Saturday 29 May 2004 00:33, Janus Sandsgaard wrote:
> > I don't know if this has any relation to the inability to keep messages
> > in a self-made folder in kmail, but it is annoying.  Linux things aren't
> > supposed to crash, I read.
>
> No. You are right. It shold work just as good as on 9.0. I am not on SuSE
> 9.1 yet so I am not if I can help you. But tell me: What do you mean by
> "self-made folder"? And have you done all the updates through YOU?

I can assure you this must be something unique to your setup,
because Kmail has been very stable on my 9.1. I only SEE about
500 emails per day (too many mailing lists), but of course my
MTA sees well over 1500 (this on a single user machine with
aggressive spam filtering which /dev/nul's high scoring spam).

I autosort mail to about 15 mail boxes, some of which I don't
read for days. Kmail is rock solid. Some of the mailboxes
are mbox format (legacy) others are maildir.

Kmail 1.6.2 in 9.1 has been rock solid for me.

--
John Andersen

< Previous Next >