Re: [SLE] 9.1 Personal and lack of Gnome
  • From: Jim <jjworrest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 12:01:20 -0500
What I've read, and not on Linux threads, one should get the Professional
version of XP, Whatever version the native file format can't be written to
by Linux like the Windows 98SE can, so either type would be a good thing to
stay away from. Stick to your old Windows, if it isn't giving you and
problems. I'm sticking with mine, I like the compatibility my Windows 98SE
has with SuSE. ---Jim

On Thursday 27 May 2004 11:45, you wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2004 10:37, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> > I do not think when you buy Windows XP Home edition, it comes with all
> > the additional stuff as well. You will also need to install additional
> > libraries, programs etc. to have the functionality you have in your
> > mind.
>
> Yes, but Windows is easy to update and has the added advantage of
> everything being written for it and made to install easily. Linux has not
> quite achieved that yet. That's the difference. But this is not meant to
> be a linux/windows comparison thread. I only brought up Windows because
> that's what SuSE is marketing KDE as a comparison to on its website.

< Previous Next >