Re: [SLE] WP/OO envelopes
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:15:26 -0400
On Saturday 29 May 2004 06:02 am, Mike Roy wrote:
> Hello everyone:
> I'm experiencing some problems with both WordPerfect
> and OpenOffice in that I can't print envelopes (basic #10
> business envelope) under either program. As both programs
> use the same computer/printer, I thought it might be a
> common driver problem but as WP uses a different driver
> from OO, I don't think that's the problem.
> Under WP, when I use the envelope feature, WP goes
> through all the menus and (on screen) appears to be sending
> the job to the printer but nothing happens - no error messages
> or anything - it simply doesn't print.
> Under OO, the text does print but it is like there's a
> default in the background that treats the envelope like a
> full page and the text appears at the top of the page. I
> have checked the defaults under both 'generic printer' and
> 'kprinter' (I know, OO defaults to A4 paper size).
> I'm now thinking of creating a really simple envelope
> in a draw program that I can leave on the desktop and simply
> open it, enter the addressee, and print.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. I find it hard
> to believe that both WP and OO can't perform what is a
> basic word processing function.
> Thanks for the help.
> Cheers,

I've been printing #10 envelopes for years in both StarOffice and OpenOffice
with no problems.

I have a page format of: user, width=9.44, height=4.09 and it works
fine. I print them in landscape-simplex mode.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/29/04 10:13 +
Jana's Law of Love:
"A dandelion from a lover means more than an orchid from a friend"