WP/OO envelopes
  • From: Mike Roy <mjroy2416@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 06:02:00 -0400
Hello everyone:
I'm experiencing some problems with both WordPerfect
and OpenOffice in that I can't print envelopes (basic #10
business envelope) under either program. As both programs
use the same computer/printer, I thought it might be a
common driver problem but as WP uses a different driver
from OO, I don't think that's the problem.
Under WP, when I use the envelope feature, WP goes
through all the menus and (on screen) appears to be sending
the job to the printer but nothing happens - no error messages
or anything - it simply doesn't print.
Under OO, the text does print but it is like there's a
default in the background that treats the envelope like a
full page and the text appears at the top of the page. I
have checked the defaults under both 'generic printer' and
'kprinter' (I know, OO defaults to A4 paper size).
I'm now thinking of creating a really simple envelope
in a draw program that I can leave on the desktop and simply
open it, enter the addressee, and print.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I find it hard
to believe that both WP and OO can't perform what is a
basic word processing function.
Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Mike