Re: [SLE] Selecting / showing hidden directories in gimp2
  • From: "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:59:54 -0700
On Friday 28 May 2004 07:38 pm, David Herman wrote:
> I've been playing around with gimp2 and like it. However one of my
> projects was to create a new splash for kontact.
>
> Ideally i would save the "splash.png" in ~/.kde/apps..., unfortunately
> I can't figure out how to get the gimp file selector to show folders
> that begin with a ".".
>
> Sure I can save somewhere else and move the file but thats not very
> elegant.
>
> Is it possible to change the file requester prefs to show all folders
> hidden or not?
>
> Thnks
> --
> dh
I'm not all that familiar with tweaking the gimp open image dialog, but if you
type in "/home/$USER/.kde" <enter> into the file textbox, then you will have
access to the .kde folder and all _non-hidden_ subfolders and files.

It's not a very good solution, but its the best I can come up with for you.

Regards,

Mark