Re: [SLE] services
  • From: "Amish Munshi" <amish_munshi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:16:43 +0530

On Fri, 28 May 2004 20:11:15 +0200, "it clown" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi
>
> I am running 9.1 Pro. How do you check wat services are
> running and how can you stop the services. I know that you
> can stop the services in /etc/init.d/ but how do you start
> or stop if they are not under /etc/init.d?
>
> I am having trouble to stop and start iptables. In redhat
> it was easy with using the service command. How would i
> start and stop iptables?

I am sure you are missing "service iptables stop" of redhat,
however in suse it is even simpler, use "rcSuSEFirewall stop". I
cant recollect the exact name of the service but it was similar to
SUSEFirewall (the case might be a little different). Basically if
you want to stop or start a service it will be called
"rcSERVICE_NAME start/stop".

Hope this helps.